Football's Back!
Although I imagine it's still there and hasn't actually been anywhere, but I digress!
I attended a non-league match on Saturday, my first outing this season. Preferring to stay close to home, I journeyed to a nearby village to witness the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division match between Potton United and King's Langley.
![]() |
| The Hutchinson Hollow |
It was an interesting afternoon weather-wise, with periods of bright sunshine interspersed with torrential downpours, giving difficult conditions, to say the least.
Both sides coped admirably however, and eventually the away side were triumphant, winning 4-2. It did make me smile that the referee and one of his linesmen looked older than me, yet they managed to keep up with the action (some of their decision-making was somewhat questionable though!).
![]() |
| The half-time deluge |
It cost me £4 to get in (old git rate) and I also bought a 50-50 ticket for a quid. A bit of a bug-bear with me is that I never get to find out if I have actually won the 50-50 (or got anywhere near), as they don't have a tannoy system at the Hutchinson Hollow. I assume the result is available in the clubhouse, but sadly for personal reasons, I do not frequent bars or anywhere where alcohol is served.
Still, I had an enjoyable afternoon, and thankfully the rain had stopped when the game ended, and it was time to go home.
---------
If you enjoy stories and tv from days gone by, please have a look at my sister blog
---------


Comments
Post a Comment