Gone Fishin'

After my walk by the River Ivel on Sunday, today I went out with the rods and spent a very pleasant few hours on the bank. The difference is that I travelled further towards Bedford and went to the River Great Ouse instead (pictured left).

However, before arriving at the Willington complex, I made a short detour to the fishing tackle shop in Shefford to go and invest £3.80 in a pint of mixed red and white maggots. I also had liquidised bread and white bread flake as alternative bait, but I didn't need them, as all the fish I caught came on maggots.


I caught a good number of small fish - the largest of which was a very angry perch (pictured).



It's been years since I caught a bleak, but I managed to do so today, which pleased me greatly.

So on the whole, a very enjoyable day, sat in the sunshine and breathing fresh air.

Comments